The Children’s Joy Foundation USA or CJF USA was founded by Filipino missionaries who went to the USA in the early 1990s whose main mission was to spread the gospel of love. When they began preaching the gospel, they thought of the many destitute Filipino children in the Philippines who are suffering from economic difficulties incapacitating them to realize their dreams. An idea came to create an instrument through which they can help them achieve their dreams through education and other ways of support that will lift them up from economic hardships.
After a thorough research and study of the US regulations for non-profit organizations, the Children’s Joy Foundation USA was established.
On January 28, 2008, the missionaries led by Eleno Laranas formally organized the Children’s Joy Foundation USA with a primary goal to provide support not only to the poor children in the Philippines but also those children in Asian countries who need help that will uplift them from difficulties.
All of them thought that such approach is a noble way of spreading the gospel of love where economically advanced countries such as America and privileged individuals can be part of this mission by extending financial support to the many Asian children suffering from hunger, neglect and less opportunities in life.
United to establish a foundation that will serve as a vehicle that will reach out to the many marginal, poor and less privileged children in the Philippines and in Asia.
The Children’s Joy Foundation USA aims and offers opportunities for marginal children in Asian countries with temporary residential facilities, and support for education through direct support to communities and partnerships with social welfare development agencies in Asian countries offering programs for children’s protection and development.
Provide, lead and transform the destitute children of Asia so they become contributors in nation-building.
The vision of Children’s Joy Foundation USA is to provide better opportunities for destitute children in Asian countries particularly in the Philippines where they are given a chance to realize their dreams, to become productive in their personal undertakings, and to lead their lives to become active contributing members in the community where they live and become strong pillars in nation building.
The foundation set these goals to propel the realization of its mission and vision:
- Strengthen its charitable structure and partnerships with corporate and individual donors to be able to fulfill its mission and vision.
- Work closely with other charitable institutions, corporate business organizations, government agencies, and individuals in advanced countries to leverage corporate social programs for child protection and development.
- Build an effective volunteer participation and professionalism in resource mobilization and leveraging to establish solid financial base to be able to extend and sustain development opportunities for needy children in the Philippines and other Asian countries.
- Reach out to a greater number of marginal children in the Philippines and other Asian countries through partnerships with social welfare and non-profit organizations working for children.
- Respond actively to victims of calamities and tragedies through relief support in partnership with social welfare organizations in the affected areas and sending volunteers who will assist in the relief operations.